Tuesday, October 21, 2008

How is life?

I have noticed that a lot of you have the 52 weeks of blessings. I love to read them and think what a great idea. So I thought, I want to share what I am thankful for. SISTERS! You are the best! You get me. Each one of you are so different, yet so wonderful. My mom has the best sister/ friend I have ever seen. It has always been so fun for all us girls to watch them. I often wondered if any of us would be like that. Yep, we are. Isn't it great. Thank you for supporting me on that day I was so frustrated.

I voted. Sent it in on Monday. Now i need to have faith that it will all work out.

I know most of you do not have your children far away from you yet. But, this is something that has really made me think. I have always wanted my children to be independent. We have always told them that they can do anything. Isn't that our job as a parent? My in-laws have most of their children still living with them and it drives me crazy. Now that my girls are away at school. I miss them so much! I worry all the time. Did I give them enough to survive on their own? Did I teach them how to cook, clean, budget, stand up for themselves well enough to make it in the "big bad world"? :)
Boys! UGH! They are bad stay away from them. hahahahaha right. like that will happen.
You know what the hardest part is? When they need a hug and you can't give it to them.

My children are so much a part of my life that I'm kind of going through an identity crisis. What do I do now that they are growing up? I am at a cross roads.
It all really hit me when Em went to school, Cassia broke up with her boyfriend, and I had to look up to talk to Ali! That was the day I realized how fast the years zoomed by. Conrad is taller than Reed! Ben is up to my eyes. Yea, that's a little bragging. :) I am going to try and get a picture of them, not easy.

Aaaahh! Cassia has auditions on Friday. I am so excited for her! cross your fingers she does great. I so know you can do it Cash!

Emilie is an Archaeologist well, working on it. How cool is that?? She works at the museum on Thursdays.

Conrad is in the band this year and still playing tennis. He is so funny! I always laugh when we talk.

Ali. Ahh Ali ! What a dolly! She is dancing too. She loves ballet but is just doing jazz for the exercise. The sweetest person you will ever meet.

Ben! My baby. He is just a real cool kid. Easy going and fun. He plays the clarinet. Because it looks cool. How funny is that!

Reed is my strength! I love him! We get to spend a lot of time together now that he is an officer. We get to have lunch everyday. It has helped our friendship grow. It's great!

So there is what is going on with us.
I love you! This blog is a great idea!
To my sisters- Cari, Shelli, Lauri, Janeal, Dani, Suzann, and Kristi
I love you and am so thankful that you are a part of my life! Brothers- thanks for marrying such amazing ladies!

::mwah::

6 comments:

:cassia marie: said...

well. i love you.

Mike, Suzann and Family said...

We love you too. You have always welcomed me into this family with open arms and I am eternally greatful for that.

Vidal's Nest said...

I love the 52 blessing project since in the middle of a crap week I can find something good to focus on!
I love my sisters too. I think it is the best!
As soon as you hear whether Cassia gets the part let us know! Good luck Cassia!
Oh..I love lunches with my hubby too! Sometimes on Mondays we can meet for lunch or he comes home for it. I love that!

Ginger said...

You are at an interesting time of life. It is hard to let go, but you are so proud of the people they are becoming. Just remember this is exactly what you worked for - fantastic kids. Who knew when you were growing up you would love your sisters and sisters in laws the way you do.

DANI KYNASTON said...

Sisters are the best. I miss getting together and talking like we do. I lot how we are all a hot mess together. It is so fun. I also love getting to have lunch with Brent. It is one of the benefits of him working from home!

Steph said...

They grow up too fast don't they?

Like you said in one of your comments on my blog: "Seems like we were just taking Conrad & Tyler to Kindergarten."

Where has the time gone? It is just flying by :o)