Sunday, March 15, 2009

Many Feelings


This will be a bit long. I apologize now.
I am not a really religious person. I have my beliefs and I live my life the way I have been taught. I love the gospel, don't get me wrong. I just don't go yelling it from the rooftops. I prefer to let my actions speak for me.

I have so many thoughts and feelings going through me!
I have to tell you the funniest story!! I had to be in my wheelchair for the weekend. yuck. LOOONG week. anyways, Reed and I were coming back from lunch and I was telling him I wanted to get Kenneth Cope's autograph for the kids, on his CD, as we were entering the doors. Reed says "Let's go through this one so we don't run into anyone. . . . " as we run over Kenneth Cope! Poor guy winds up in my lap! I am laughing so hard. I know, it isn't funny. But, it is. Reed tells him "We were just looking for you she wants your autograph." He is the sweetest guy ever. Then he poses for a picture. He will have a bruise for sure!

It was such a great weekend. Listening to these speakers was so nice to hear their stories and it lifted me up. One thing about being sick for a long time is you start to feel down. Pretty much all the time. I was definitely there. Then we went to time out. It was exactly what I needed. Sheri Dew is amazing. Do you think she is always like that? Life is crazy, but she never shows how hard life can be. I am still, a week later, pondering all that she said. Each talk was so comforting. I enjoyed all the speakers and music groups. Like a reassurance that we will be ok. Yes, life is hard, but that is what we are here for. To grow and learn then return home to our Father in Heaven. Why do we forget that?? I am trying to hang on to that thought. The ultimate goal.

I want to hug my children more. Make sure I tell them how much I love them and be a better person all around. It was such a great weekend. I am so thankful I was able to go. I will treasure it for along time.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited you got to do that! Reed is amazing, and just so you know, I have no idea who any of the people are that you wrote about. :) You needed that weekend away...

Vidal's Nest said...

I'm teary eyed reading this! It is exactly what I had hoped for you. Something to lift you up a bit and bring you a little measure of peace. Sounds like it was a wonderful weekend!
i love Sherri Dew also. She seems very down to earth and I love that!
Maybe we ought to plan within the next couple of years a sisters retreat and go to time out!
I love you and hope you are feeling better!

sherry said...

That is hilarious. Well, for those of us who didn't actually run him over it is anyway;) That is one way to get an autograph! SOunds like it was just what you needed right now. That fact that you remember SHeri Dew's talk well enough to still be contemplating it says something about you. We are still praying for you, and hoping things improve!

Ireland Family said...

I am so glad that you enjoyed Time Out! And, that you "ran into" Kenneth Cope. Isn't he amazing? He wrote a song called 3 Angels, about 3 children from a family in Utah who died in a car accident. It was amazing...and I had the opportunity to know the family and to meet him...awesome!
I hope you start getting the answers you need...and know that many prayers are said for you each and everyday!
We love you!

Rosanna said...

WOW!! You two make a cute couple!! LOL And believe me, I know how it is to "run into" people like that. I once ran over a little boy's foot with my wheelchair... I felt horrible! But then his mother said something about that would teach him to run in front of people... I still felt bad!

I'm so glad you had a great time! I also love Sister Dew...what an inspiration to all of us!

I hope you get feeling better and better!

Love Ya!
Rosanna

Ginger said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful time. I always am glad I go to something like that. It does stay with you. Loved the story about Kenneth Cope, one to pass on to the kids. Hope you are feeling better.

Shelli said...

Hey, I don't know how I missed this post -- but I'm glad you had such a good experience! I'm jealous -- I would have loved to go, too.

DANI KYNASTON said...

I love Kenneth Cope! His songs are so good. What a perfect break from all of your stress! I hope you are feeling better. I sure love ya!