Monday, September 15, 2008

Hurricanes

Good grief! I have no idea why people choose to live in Texas. I am so frustrated with all this!
IKE hit late Friday night and caused a lot of damage. We had to evacuate on Thursday. The CG has a hotel in Tyler,TX which is near Dallas. We heard from friends that the house is fine, no damage for us. yea!!
The bad news is we are stuck in a hotel for 2-4 weeks! OH MAN!!! With 2 dogs, 2 birds, 1 cat, 1 hamster, 3 children and one very crazy mama! Reed is in Virginia (Yorktown) at school. Even though they knew IKE was on it's way. i don't even pretend to understand. He will most likely be done with school before we get to go home. They have to clear the roads and turn the power back on before we can go back.
We lost power hear in the hotel this morning. I just got everyone in the car and ran away. Shopping therapy! :) It always works. hahahaha
Now we are back and I actually have internet so I thought I would catch you all up on my crazy life. I'm sure there will be more later. Does it ever end?????

6 comments:

Shelli said...

I'm so glad you're safe with no damage to your home. That's the most important thing!

Ginger said...

What a nightmare! The good news about a hurricane is you get some warning. I can't believe how many stupid people stayed behind. I hope you get room service, that would brighten my day:-). Grateful you and the house are safe.

Mike, Suzann and Family said...

We are so glad to hear that you guys are okay (physically at least) :) Enjoy the shopping therapy!

Vidal's Nest said...

Hang in there! I can't imagine being in a hotel for a month! We are so glad you are OK!

DANI KYNASTON said...

Man, that stinks. Our kids love going to the hotel for a while but a whole month would make us crazy! You are all welcome to take a trip to Virginia if you want. We have lots of room!

Steph said...

Good to hear that you and your family are ok. I was just talking to Doug the other day about you guys - wondering if you had to evacuate, where you are, the damage, ... then I read your blog. Hope all goes well and you can get home sooner than they said.